Search Engine

Custom Search

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A day that will live in

I've decided to put some extra switches in my car, but I'm not sure what for. I think I might put some backup lights on my car (to light up whats behind me), but I'm not sure how I'll go about doing that.

I successfully purchased a pair of glasses (sunglasses to be exact) from an online website. While I need to get them adjusted, I'm incredibly satisfied with them. Especially considering it cost me 30 bucks for them. Sure, there was the issue of me ordering them, paying for them and the company telling me I didn't pay for it. Only to then find out it was a "discontinued" style...and then told it was taken off my credit card account and then canceled. Only to show up at my door last weekend and have it show up on my bill. I'm glad they showed up and are decent, otherwise I would've been a bit pissed that I was charged for something I didn't get.

I broke my lumbar support in my car, and instead of spending 40 bucks to fix it, I swiped one form a junkyard. And because my friend Dylan is being super generous and giving me a new seat cover for my car (the actual seat cover from another Volvo) I'm waiting to replace it then. Not only will the lumbar support be a nice fix, but having a nice looking seat to sit in will be a great thing. It's pretty funny how something that simple can make a big difference in your car.

I've decided to retro-fit my dash a bit. I have a Cig lighter from the 160 series, and the fan knob of an older style, and the temp gauge will be a different style from what my car originally had (although I believe it's just from an earlier 240 series). Instead of being a lever, it's a rotating knob. And instead of being a knob that is round, it's..well, different. It's easier to grab, and looks cleaner. I've also switched out the "seatbelt" sign, where before it was a picture of someone in a seat, now it says "seat belt". I've also have the buttons for Floor, Windshield and Recycle, that say that instead of show pictures.

That is incredibly exciting, I know.

Tonight is the night before the trade deadline in the NBA. I'm not sure that anything will happen. Trade deadline has always been pretty boring to me, despite the buildup.

No comments:

Post a Comment