Search Engine

Custom Search

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Contacts, 6th graders, the Supa Bowl and Wild things sister.

First things first:

I find it funny, and in a way uncomfortable, when 6th graders ask me if I have had or have a girlfriend (or how many). I give a generic answer, but in a way I wonder what the reason behind the question. Today, one kid asked me if I have one and then how many. I don't mind so much that he's asking, but I don't ever recall asking any of the teachers I had (or any helpers, etc). So that makes me wonder if they're trying their best to ask if I'm gay or something.

I don't have any problems with being gay (especially since I'm not), but it seems odd to have 11 and 12 years old asking that, and me wondering if they're asking it because they are secretly trying to find out if I am or not. The kid who asked me today is a great kid, but it's just something I'm keen on talking about to kids. You know, because it's none of their business and they're doing state testing today. So my relationship status isn't on the state test.

Actually, I don't know. Maybe it is.

I'm thinking of ditching my glasses (after like 20 years of wearing glasses) and trying contacts. They give you a pair to test, to see if you like it and if you do then they finalize things and badda bing, you poke yourself in the eye.

So now I'm on my second pair of test contacts. The first pair weren't just right, so they changed the brand and I'm trying out them. But the prescription changed a bit, and it's good in one eye, and not as good in the other. Hopefully when I go back next week (I might go in during the weekend..or just stop wearing them) I can get the prescription fixed. Or maybe just stop with the idea of getting contacts. It's frustrating both in the sense that so far the contacts I've tried on haven't been significantly better for me than a regular pair of glasses, and it's a little irritating to wear contacts. Not that I expect it to be crystal clear, but it's like putting on an old pair of glasses, that the prescription is just slightly off. You can't see clearly, but you can tell that somethings not right.

I do like the idea of being able to buy any pair of sunglasses I want, and just putting them on without having to do a prescription. I don't like the idea of putting contacts in necessarily. I've gotten a lot better at it the last few days (in fact, after work today it only took me a total of 7 minutes to put them both in. Down from 30 minutes, and several give ups).

So this Sunday is Superbowl. And I see that on NBC, there is like 29 hours of Superbowl TV shows on. There's no end to the madness. It's just something I cannot get excited about. I don't care who wins, I don't care who plays, and I don't care if I never watch another minute of Superbowl action.

So my Superbowl party will be me putting off working on my car, or doing homework.

And on that note, I'd like to comment on songs. I just want to say that they don't make songs like this anymore:

"I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes. Well, love is all around me, and the feeling grows. It's written on the wind, it's everywhere I go. So if you really love me, come on and let it show.

You know I love you, I always will. My minds made up by the way that I feel. There's no beginning there is no end, cause on my love you can depend.

I see your face before me, as I lay on my bed. I kind of get to thinking, of all the things you said. You gave your promise to me, and I gave mine to you. I need someone beside me, in everything I do.

You know I love you, I always will. My minds made up by the way that I feel. There's no beginning there is no end, cause on my love you can depend."

No comments:

Post a Comment