Search Engine

Custom Search

Sunday, January 4, 2009

The first blog of the New Year!

I returned from San Diego yesterday. I barely made the flight out of SLC. In fact, I was the last person on the plane (I fly buddy pass) and had actually given up hope on making that flight. Once the doors closed, and the plane took off (after 30 minutes of de-icing), I was incredibly happy.

Don't get me wrong, I liked visiting my sister and her kids, but I needed to be back in the NW. The rain, the cold, and the trees. All things I need.

As I said in my last installment, I went to the Holiday Bowl. Before I went there, all of my brother in laws friends kept telling me I "had" to wear a jacket. I scoffed, and said that the t-shirt and Padres uniform I was wearing was more than enough. They didn't, and kept chiding me.

Little did they know that I A: was an adult and B: grew up where anything above 50 degrees in December is grounds for shorts. So, the whole entire game I was actually warm, and didn't once need a jacket. Stupid Californians and Arizonans. They're so used to the warm weather that anytime it gets even remotely cold, they act like they have to suit up like they're going to Mt. Hood!

The only negative thing about the game was that the Ducks won. :)

My budget (for fixing my car) has improved lately, so I might actually have some posts on here about my car and not just me being random.

No comments:

Post a Comment