Search Engine

Custom Search

Sunday, February 22, 2009

New switches, new grills and taillights

I ventured down to the local junkyard yesterday, in hopes to find an extra gear shift, and some other Volvo related items. In the process of searching through the Volvos, I was able to get myself two taillights (I just need one, but forgot which one), a few new switches (the hazard switch was the prize) and a new front grill. Mine is the Chrome style (which I don't like), and the one there was the black style (which I do like). It also had a complete set of four round headlights (mine are rectangles). Had I had my tools with me, instead of just 3 screw drivers and a dike, I would've taken them too. So I settled for the grill and the taillights of another wagon.

The pickings was slim, but I made it out of there with a pretty good haul. Including this little gem (or one close to it).


(if no picture shows up, here is the link.)

The one I got was a little older than that, but the idea is the same. Why did I get it, considering I have a Volvo? My nephew really likes them, and no one was using it. So I figured why not?

Slowly, but surely, I'm making my Volvo "mine". As I said in my last post, I'm adding parts from older models because they have the look I like. Once it's finished (including suspension/tuning and paintjob) it should be a pretty nice car. Well, it's a nice car now, but I meant that it should be a really cool car.

No comments:

Post a Comment