Search Engine

Custom Search

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Karate Kid part 3

Before I went to the JY today, to gather more bits and pieces for my car, I noticed that Karate Kid part 3 was on TV. That got me wondering "they made 3 of these?"

So I set it to record on the DVR, and would finish watching it when I returned from my trip to Damascus.

That trip itself, turned out to be a whole lotta fun. Instead of going the way I normally do, I decided to try a new way. This time, I'd go I-5, then 205, then 224 and then Sunnyside. But apparently there are some factors that need to be explained here.

1. My own instructions suck.
2. There was a detour that was horribly labeled (the road I'm supposed to turn onto apparently magically disappeared).
3. I'm a guy, I don't ask for directions.

After a comedy of errors, where I ended up going an additional 50 blocks out of my way, I finally made it to the right destination. And when I go to the JY, it turned out that the two weeks I had given for them to replenish their supply of 240's, wasn't near enough. While I did get an extra gearshift knob for my car (which is oddly enough, rubber instead of a hardened plastic), there was nothing else to get. I will admit, the spectacular views of Mt. Hood were nice.

Now, back to Karate Kid part 3. What was the hell was that movie about? Danielsan wants to work at a bonzai tree place with Mr. Miagi, and then gets trained by some stranger dude who drives a pile of shit truck...and asks Daniel to do all sorts of things that Mr. M would never ask him to do.

Who red lighted this atrocity? And on top of that, why wasn't there ever a Karate Kid part 4, where Mr. Miagi gets a parking ticket and Daniel has to fight Cobra Kai?

Speaking of Cobra Kai, was that really that much of a thug-mentality amongst Dojos, that they had to make movies about it? The 80's were a strange era for movies.

I sliced the tip of my finger while cutting cheese the other day. It's pretty amazing how that happened, considering it was with a plastic knife.

I'm finding the following things hard to comprehend:

Bob Ross died 14 years ago. One of my cousins (who was born much later than the rest of us) is going to turn 22 this year. More time has passed between the Blazers last finals run and now, than the Blazers only title and their 2nd run to the finals. My car is 24 years old. Why, in Star Wars Ep 3, did they leave Darth Vader open to the rain, when he was being carried back to the "hospital" at the end? With all those burns to his skin, wouldn't you think the rain would hurt like hell? With all the technology that they have in the Star Wars universe, that was the best they could do for Vaders costume? I mean, the sunglasses are cool and what not, but he looks like a big penis.

No comments:

Post a Comment