Search Engine

Custom Search

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Greetings and Salutations!

I've decided to open up a new blog. I've blogged on livejournal, blogger.com, and most recently myspace. But I grew tired of each one and left. I'm sure I'll grow tired of this one too, but right now it's going to be mostly a blog about cars and other random stuff.

I currently own a Volvo 245. It's a 23 year old wagon, with 219K on it. In the 18 months I've had it, I've put on just over 12K miles on it, and have replaced the heater blower motor, the wiring harness, power steering pump, tie-rods, inner tie-rods, ball joints, struts, shocks, back seat (it's now leather) and a new radio. I've probably done more, but that's all I can think of right now.

I'm in the process of maybe buying an older(ish) Bronco with my brother, for our cabin in Idaho. It won't be the old super popular (and therefore, overpriced) style, but the bigger style that ended in 96. If we buy one, I'll document it here, and show some of the stuff we've done to it. It won't be anything special (not like "shade tree mechanic"). We're not lifting it or anything of that sort. Just regular maintenence.

I'm also toying with the idea of getting myself an old Chevy/GMC or Ford Truck. And being that I'm in Oregon, it'd have to be before 1975, the first year that vehicles have to go through DEQ. I'm not in a great hurry to buy one of these though. The styles I like a lot, the GMC and Chevrolet (60-72) are over priced or piles. The style of Fords I like (73-79) are cheaper, but the engine I'd prefer (the straight 6) are harder to find then it's probably worth.

If I get one of those, I'll document what I've done to it, just for fun.

Overall, this will probably just be a place where I rant and go off on strange tangents about nothing in particular.

Dan

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's a cool blog Dan! Be sure to check mine out too!

    http://dylans122.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete