Search Engine

Custom Search

Monday, April 20, 2009

Ricky the Volvo Steamboat

So, my car had some steaming and over-heating issues. At first I thought maybe it was a blown gasket or cracked head, but thankfully it turned out to be the hoses that feed the heater core and return to the engine.

I bought the hoses, and replaced them myself. It was a fun job, and so far it has worked. Although in the process of doing that, my heater fan seems to only work on 2 speeds now (instead of the normal 4).

I also took my car into IPD (http://wwww.ipdusa.com) and had them fix what I thought was a bushings issue. Turned out to "only" by 2 torque rod bushings that needed to be replaced. So I had them do that. Although now it appears that there is another "clunk" or vibrating sound that I'm unable to locate. It sounds a lot like the muffler sound you hear on those Hondas that sound like lawnmowers.

So I might have to have them look at it again. It's mostly when I accelerate from a dead stop, so I'm not real sure what it could be. I hoped it was just a loose license plate, but it wasn't. It could be the U-joint at the tranny. When I find out, I'll let you know (you? Who? I don't have anyone who reads this).

No comments:

Post a Comment