Search Engine

Custom Search

Saturday, March 14, 2009

V2

I've decided to blog about the proto-type gear shift I'm working on. I don't know why I was afraid of posting pictures of it, it's not like I'm the only one to ever think of it.

I have two versions of it, but the first one was just done to see if I could even do it (I could). So I don't have any pictures of it, although I have kept it.

What is so special about it? Nothing much. I want to make a wooden gear-shift for my Volvo. Hopefully I can figure out how to do it easily and make it look nice. There might be companies that already offer this, but that doesn't matter to me. I'm currently using Ash and Oak as my prototypes, and I want to end it with Cherry. I don't have a big enough piece of Cherry to do it (at least, if I want to keep the size of the knob itself accurate to how big the gearshift is currently). So once I get it down to a science, I'll purchase some bigger chunks of Cherry and make my attempt.

Anyway, here is V2.






What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think it's pretty cool. You should install this knob in your car!!!

    ReplyDelete